5 Easy Ways to Fix Your Broken Glasses at Home
Having broken glasses can be very frustrating and inconvenient. For many, the first thought is to rush to an eyewear store to get them fixed. However, there are easy ways to fix broken glasses right at home, saving you time and money.
Dr. Dolan from 2020 Vision in Rochester Hills MI, suggests the following five easy ways to fix your broken glasses at home:
1. Use clear nail polish: If your glasses have a small crack, dab a tiny amount of clear nail polish on either side of the crack. This will keep the crack from getting worse and may prolong the life of your glasses.
2. Super glue: This is a quick fix for a broken frame. Apply a small amount of super glue to both pieces of the broken frame and press them together for a few seconds. Be careful not to use too much glue or it will dry and look unsightly.
3. Tape: If your glasses have a small break or fracture in the frame, you can use clear tape to hold them in place temporarily. It is recommended to avoid this method for long term usage.
4. Rubber bands: If the temple of your glasses has come off, you can use a small rubber band to wrap around the hinge and the temple to hold them together. This is particularly useful if you are in a hurry and need a quick fix.
5. Replacement parts: If all else fails, it may be time to look at replacement parts. Many optical stores offer replacement parts for glasses. Having a few spare screws, nose pads, and temples may come in handy.
In conclusion, rather than rushing to the optical store for every small issue, you can apply these simple solutions to fix your broken glasses at home. Alternatively, for a better understanding of how to fix glasses, contact Dr. Dolan of 2020 Vision in Rochester Hills MI at 248 375 0040.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!