A Guide to Fixing Your Eyeglasses: Common Problems and Solutions
Eyeglasses are essential for people who have vision problems. However, they can sometimes pose problems themselves, such as getting bent or broken. Those who rely on eyeglasses to see clearly must learn how to fix common issues they encounter with their spectacles.
Dr. Dolan from 2020 Vision in Rochester Hills MI sees many patients with minor issues that can easily be resolved. Here is a guide to help you fix your eyeglasses and prevent pricey repairs or replacements:
1. Tighten loose screws: Loosening of the screws that hold the frame and temple together is a common problem that occurs over time. This can cause the glasses to slide down your nose or even detach from the frame. Use a tiny screwdriver specifically designed for eyeglasses to tighten the screws gently.
2. Adjust the arms: Sometimes, the arms of your eyeglasses can become misaligned, causing discomfort or damage to the frame. Hold the arms of the eyeglasses to bend them slightly until they fit snuggly and balance perfectly on your face.
3. Replace nose pads: Most eyeglasses come with nose pads that cushion your nose, preventing them from leaving red marks or causing skin irritation. Nose pads can become loose over time or fall off, and replacements are available for purchase.
4. Fix scratches: When eyeglasses sustain scratches, people tend to panic and consider buying new pairs completely. However, minor scratches can easily be fixed by applying toothpaste or baking soda on the lens and using a clean cloth to rub in a circular motion gently.
5. Repair broken frames: If the frame is broken, it is essential to assess the extent of the damage. If it is minor, superglue can help fix the crack temporarily. However, if the damage is significant or located at a critical point, it may be best to consider visiting an eyewear specialist like Dr. Dolan.
By following these five steps, eyeglass wearers can save themselves money and avoid the inconvenience of spending days without their spectacles. However, if the issue seems beyond your scope of repair, it would be best to visit an eyewear specialist like Dr. Dolan from 2020 Vision in Rochester Hills MI.
Dr. Dolan has years of experience in optometry and can help resolve your eyeglasses issue efficiently. He can assess the situation, offer sound advice, and provide the necessary repairs or replacements at an affordable cost. Do not hesitate to call Dr. Dolan today on 248 375 0040 to schedule an appointment.