How to Alleviate Discomfort from Dry Eye Syndrome
Dry eye syndrome (DES) is a common condition where your eyes do not produce enough tears or the tears evaporate too quickly. This can lead to discomfort, itching, redness, and irritation. If you are experiencing DES, you may be wondering how to alleviate the discomfort.
One solution is to visit Dr. Dolan at 2020 Vision. Dr. Dolan is an experienced eye doctor who specializes in eye conditions such as DES. She can provide you with personalized advice on how to manage your symptoms.
In addition to visiting Dr. Dolan, there are some steps you can take at home to alleviate your discomfort. Here are some helpful tips:
1. Use eye drops: Artificial tears can help lubricate your eyes and alleviate dryness. Look for preservative-free brands that are gentle on the eyes.
2. Blink more often: When working on a computer or reading a book, it can be easy to forget to blink. Blinking helps spread tears across your eyes, and can reduce discomfort.
3. Take breaks: If you are working on a computer or watching TV for a long time, take a break every 20 minutes to look away from the screen.
4. Use a humidifier: A humidifier can add moisture to the air and prevent your eyes from drying out.
5. Avoid certain medications and environments: Certain medications can cause dryness, as can exposure to wind, smoke, and air conditioning. Try to avoid these if possible.
By following these steps, you can alleviate discomfort from dry eye syndrome. However, it is always recommended to visit a professional, like Dr. Dolan, to properly diagnose and manage your DES.
If you want to schedule an appointment with Dr. Dolan, give her office a call at (248) 375-0040. Her expertise and personalized care can help you overcome any discomforts you may be feeling from DES.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!