Taking Care Of Eyeglasses In Rochester Hills For 20/20 Vision…
- Clean your glasses regularly: Use a microfiber cleaning cloth to wipe your glasses clean. Avoid using paper towels, tissues, or your shirt, as these can scratch the lenses. If your glasses are extremely dirty, you can rinse them with warm water before wiping them clean.
- Use a proper cleaning solution: Avoid using harsh chemicals or household cleaners to clean your glasses, as they can damage the lenses. Instead, use a gentle cleaning solution specifically designed for eyewear. Many eyewear companies offer their own cleaning solution, which you can purchase separately.
- Avoid hot water: Avoid using hot water to clean your glasses, as this can damage the coatings on the lenses. Use lukewarm water instead.
- Store your glasses properly: When you’re not wearing your glasses, store them in a case to protect them from scratches and damage. Avoid leaving them in hot or humid areas, as this can cause the frames to warp or the lenses to fog up.
- Adjust your glasses as needed: If your glasses feel loose or uncomfortable, take them to a professional for an adjustment. Wearing glasses that don’t fit properly can cause discomfort and may even cause headaches.
Here are some recommended products for cleaning and maintaining glasses:
- Zeiss Lens Cleaning Solution: This cleaning solution is specifically designed for eyewear and is safe for all types of lenses.
- Peeps Eyeglass Cleaner: These small, portable cleaning devices use a carbon cleaning compound to remove dirt and debris from your glasses.
- Microfiber Cleaning Cloths: These cloths are gentle on your lenses and won’t scratch them. They’re also reusable and can be washed in the laundry.
- Glasses Cases: A good quality case will protect your glasses from scratches and damage when you’re not wearing them.
By following these tips and using these recommended products, you can help to keep your glasses in top condition and extend their lifespan.