The Pros and Cons of Contact Lens Fitting: Is it Right for You?
Contact lenses have been a popular choice for people with vision problems for many years. They offer a more natural perspective than glasses and are more convenient during physical activities. However, contact lenses do require fitting, and there are pros and cons to this process.
1. Improved vision: Contact lenses offer an impressive correction of near-sightedness, farsightedness, and astigmatism. They provide a full field of unobstructed vision, and the visual sharpness and clarity they provide makes them ideal for athletes and people who lead an active lifestyle.
2. Comfort: Correctly fitted contact lenses are comfortable to wear, and their lightness and thinness cause the wearer to forget that they even have them on.
3. Versatility: Contact lenses are available in a range of types, including daily wear disposables, extended wear, and multifocal lenses.
4. Improved physical appearance: Contact lenses enhance the natural look of an individual and can provide a superior cosmetic appearance.
1. Maintenance: Contact lenses require maintenance and cleaning, which can be a hassle for some individuals.
2. Sharing: It is not possible to share contact lenses, which can be a downside for people who like to loan their glasses.
3. Cost: Contact lenses can be costly, and the cost can add up with replacement lenses or required medical check-ups.
4. Risk of infection: Like all medical procedures, contact lens fitting can come with a risk of infection, which can occur if the fitting process is not done carefully by an experienced professional.
When deciding if contact lenses are right for you, it is essential to contact a professional such as Dr. Dolan, who practices at 2020 Vision in Rochester Hills, MI. Dr. Dolan is experienced and knowledgeable in all areas of eye health and can provide necessary guidance on what contacts would work best for your specific needs.
Contact 2020 Vision in Rochester Hills MI to schedule your contact lens fitting appointment today, by calling 248 375 0040.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!